We are proud of our achievements – and especially those of our graduates. Some notable facts about Cranfield:
- In June 2020, 54% of our students were from the UK, 16% from EU countries and 30% from the rest of the world.
- There is one member of academic staff to every five students, one of the best ratios for any university in the UK.
- Over half of all aerospace engineering master's students in the UK study at Cranfield each year.
- Over half of our students are over 30 years of age.
- In a typical year, our academics deliver courses in over 40 countries outside the UK.
- More than half of our students and learners study part-time.
- Over 7,000 people come to Cranfield each year to benefit from our executive and professional development programmes.
- We have over 20 international alumni communities across the world, including China, India, Russia, Switzerland and Brazil.
- We are ranked in the top ten in the UK for commercial research, consultancy and professional development.
- According to the Research Excellence Framework 2014, 81% of our research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent.
In the English higher education sector, Cranfield University had the highest average contract research income with business per full-time equivalent academic (2015-2018).
At Cranfield School of Management:
- Cranfield School of Management’s Management MSc was ranked third in the UK and 30th in the world in the Economist Which? MBA Masters in Management (MiM) 2019. It was also ranked first in the UK and ninth in the world for percentage of job-seeking graduates with a job offer three months after graduation.
- We are ranked third in the UK and tenth in the world (outside the US) in Forbes’ ranking of The Best International MBAs: One-Year Programs 2017.
- In the Financial Times Executive Education rankings, Cranfield School of Management is consistently ranked among the top 20 business schools in Europe and one of the top 10 in the UK for both its open and customised executive development programmes. We are in the top 10 in the world for the international reach of our customised programmes.
- The School is one of an elite group worldwide to hold the triple accreditation of: AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AMBA (the Association of MBAs).
Cranfield is a six-time winner of the prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize.